tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Aris Javier" <aris.jav...@eazix.com>
Subject RE: Help: Windows Server on Linux Client
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2004 02:19:38 GMT
Thanks for your reply Brad!

Inside IIS (myApp virtual directory), I have disabled "Anonymous access"
and checked "integrated windows
authentication"... myApp gets the user domain login name first and
verify in active directory if the user exists...
if the user exists, then myApp will work..

if in linux, should I enable "anonymous access" ?

I will also try url with 8080 port included and see if it works in
linux... http://localhost:8080/myApp

-----Original Message-----
From: Brad Cobb [mailto:brad.c@rmt.com.au]
Sent: Monday, December 06, 2004 10:06 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Help: Windows Server on Linux Client

Hi,

> The server is Windows 2k (development pc) running tomcat 5.0.27 using
> jk2 connector to run on IIS... my web apps don't have problems on
> windows client...

I would be looking at your IIS permissions.  Are you using 'Anonymous
Access' in IIS?  It sounds like your Windows clients are actually
authenticating under a domain account - not using the same Anonymous
Access that Linux will try to use by default.

If so, have you allocated the "IUSR_<servername>" account to your
webapps directory through Windows Explorer?

To confirm this - try un-integrating with IIS (temporarily) and see if
the problem still happens.  If not, then you know it's not a Tomcat
issue.

Brad Cobb