tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Frank Morton <fmor...@base2inc.com>
Subject root context equivalent to another context?
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2004 03:30:11 GMT
I have a context currently defined in server.xml as:

         <Context path="/mycity" docBase="mycity" debug="9"
reloadable="true" crossContext="true" >
                 <Loader checkInterval="5" />
                 <Logger
className="org.apache.catalina.logger.SystemOutLogger" timestamp="true"
/>
         </Context>

It is deployed as a single war file mycity.war. This works fine. But,
now I want the context created by this to be equivalent to the root
context. I thought I could add:

         <Context path="" docBase="mycity" debug="9" reloadable="true"
crossContext="true" >
                 <Loader checkInterval="5" />
                 <Logger
className="org.apache.catalina.logger.SystemOutLogger" timestamp="true"
/>
         </Context>

And it does work since both are pointed at the same docBase, but it
apparently creates two separate contexts. The same servlet will run
init() each time it is first invoked in each context, which creates
major problems for us.

Anyone have any suggestions?