tomcat-users mailing list archives

From VAN DER MARLIERE FREDERIC <frederic.van_der_marli...@cdn.fr>
Subject SSL encryption
Date Mon, 27 Dec 2004 15:03:12 GMT
Hi all.

I would like to encrypt my login process so that login and password are not
visible on the network. That's why I defined a SSL connector on port 8443 in
my server.xml. My problem is that after the user logged in, request keep on
using the https protocol on port 8443.

Does someone know how to encrypt only the login process and afterwards use
the http protocol again, on port 8080 ?

Thanks.
Fred.

Ce message et toutes les pieces jointes (ci-apres le "message") sont confidentiels et etablis
a l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires.
Toute utilisation ou diffusion non autorisee est interdite.Tout message electronique est susceptible
d'alteration.
Le CREDIT DU NORD et ses filiales declinent toute responsabilite au titre de ce message s'il
a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie.
This message and any attachments ( the "message") are confidential and intended solely for
the addressees.
Any unauthorised use or dissemination is prohibited.E-mails are susceptible to alteration.
Neither CREDIT DU NORD nor any of its subsidiaries or affiliates shall be liable for the message
if altered, changed or falsified.