tomcat-users mailing list archives

From VAN DER MARLIERE FREDERIC <frederic.van_der_marli...@cdn.fr>
Subject Tomcat 5 and Realm problem
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2004 17:40:54 GMT
Hi,

I'm developping a web app in wich I want the users to authenticate via
Realm.
I first used BASIC authentication m├ęthod and everything worked fine.
But when I want to use the FORM one, I get the following message when login
and password are correct (if not, I get the error page I configured in
web.xml):

The time allowed for the login process has been exceeded. If you wish to
continue you must either click back twice and re-click the link you
requested or close and re-open your browser

My web.xml looks like:

<security-constraint>
    <display-name></display-name>

    <web-resource-collection>
      <web-resource-name>protection index</web-resource-name>
      <url-pattern>/</url-pattern>
      <http-method>GET</http-method>
    </web-resource-collection>

    <auth-constraint>
      <role-name>myRole</role-name>
    </auth-constraint>
</security-constraint>

<login-config>
    <auth-method>FORM</auth-method>
    <form-login-config>
      <form-login-page>/login.jsp</form-login-page>
      <form-error-page>/error.jsp</form-error-page>
    </form-login-config>
</login-config>

<security-role>
    <role-name>myRole</role-name>
</security-role>

And login.jsp looks like:

  <head></head>
    <form action="j_security_check" method="POST">
      <input type="text" name="j_username" />
      <input type="password" name="j_password" />
      <input type="submit" />
    </form>

Does someone have any idea about the origin of my problem ?

Thanks.
Fred.

Ce message et toutes les pieces jointes (ci-apres le "message") sont confidentiels et etablis
a l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires.
Toute utilisation ou diffusion non autorisee est interdite.Tout message electronique est susceptible
d'alteration.
Le CREDIT DU NORD et ses filiales declinent toute responsabilite au titre de ce message s'il
a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie.
This message and any attachments ( the "message") are confidential and intended solely for
the addressees.
Any unauthorised use or dissemination is prohibited.E-mails are susceptible to alteration.
Neither CREDIT DU NORD nor any of its subsidiaries or affiliates shall be liable for the message
if altered, changed or falsified.