tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Arnab Chakravarty" <achakrava...@sapient.com>
Subject RE: tomcat 5.5, should i upgrade?
Date Wed, 22 Dec 2004 10:27:24 GMT
I cannot comment on tomcat 5.5 but yes tomcat 5.0. Tomcat is being used
for Production and not just for testing.

You would be surprised to know the production setup, though I cannot
delve into more details here.

I am amazed by the potential it carries.

Arnab
-----Original Message-----
From: Krishnakant Mane [mailto:compactsolution@yahoo.co.uk]
Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 2004 3:37 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: tomcat 5.5, should i upgrade?

hello jan and other friends,
I am currently using tomcat 5.25 on in a production
environment.  it is used to serve thousands of
requests per hour.  I will like to know if thomcat 5.5
is worth the upgrade.  I will like to know the real
facts.  is tomcat 5.5 having some performance
improvements over 5.0?  what are those features which
I must consider for an upgrade to tomcat 5.5?
further more I want to know is there any big
organisation or company who uses tomcat for production
and not just testing?
I am refering to version 5.0 in particular.
thanks