tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Best place to store files ?
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 14:04:32 GMT

Hi,

>> From: Shapira, Yoav [mailto:Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com]
>> Tomcat is not deficient or lacking here in any way: if
>> something is lacking, it's the Servlet Spec, but I personally
>> don't think it's lacking because there's still a use-case for
>> the no-filesystem servlet container.
>
>Hmm.  Sorry, Yoav, but I think that's specious.  There's still a
>use-case for the motorcycle, but it doesn't invalidate the use-case for
>the station wagon.  Similarly, there is a use-case for the
no-filesystem
>servlet container, but I would argue that that is a special case
>(possibly achieved via configuration) of a more general servlet
>container.

I didn't say the no-filesystem container use-case pre-empts the one with
filesystem.  So specious is not a good word.  But then again, I don't
really care if you think it's specious or not, as I said, this is
Spec-mandated and not Tomcat's call to make.  Accordingly, any
complaints of the "specious" and other type should be directed to the
Servlet Expert Group.

Yoav Shapira http://www.yoavshapira.com