tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Implementing Realm
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 14:02:38 GMT

Hi,

>I'm using tomcat 4.1.30 as it is with standard MemoryRealm
implementation.

Ahh, I assumed you were using 5.x, my bad there.  I haven't used 4.x in
a while and don't want to waste time on it, so I believe you.

>The username/passwords are created using the tomcat-users.xml, but If I
>change these without restarting tomcat the usernames and passwords are
not
>being updated.

I didn't say the file is monitored and the realm updated automatically.
But you can make changes using the admin webapp and they are reflected
when committed.

Yoav