tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Best place to store files ?
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 13:56:15 GMT

Hi,
What Wendy said is right on, so I'm glad you're already down that path.

If the files are temporary, i.e. you don't mind them being erased when the server restarts,
you can use the javax.servlet.context.tempdir context attribute.  That's the portable, preferred
way to handle temporary files.  For permanent files, do what Wendy said.

Tomcat is not deficient or lacking here in any way: if something is lacking, it's the Servlet
Spec, but I personally don't think it's lacking because there's still a use-case for the no-filesystem
servlet container.

Yoav Shapira http://www.yoavshapira.com