tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Deployment problem
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2004 13:49:27 GMT

Hi,

>First, QM, about the work/ dir, too late. Already
>doing it. Doesn't seem to be causing any problems.
>Thanks for the warning tho...

Just because it works in one version doesn't mean it'll work in another
-- what QM said is right, and you should stop the practice of modifying
the work directory yourself.

>Second, I figured out what I was doing wrong in the
>tomcat 5 workaround I was experimenting with. If I
>would have just read the stupid logs after the tomcat
>restart, I would have noticed the error was:
>
>java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Document base
>/srv/stuff does not exist or is not a readable
>directory
>
>So i just changed the docBase attribute in the Context
>element to simply "stuff" instead of "/srv/stuff". The
>application reloads with tomcat nicely.

Good.

>This still seems like a hack to me, always having to
>use the html manager interface. So if anyone knows of
>a better way, I would love to hear it.

You can put the docBase yourself that way in your context XML files, you
don't have to use the HTML manager to do it.

Yoav Shapira http://www.yoavshapira.com