tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: weird tomcat5.0.30 behaviour with jar in WEB-INF/classes
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2004 15:38:44 GMT

Hi,

>yes... and no.
>when you ask for non-jar resources, the returned url points to the
>correct path (inside context directory, and tomcat doens't need to
>copy them).
>When you ask for jar resources, the returned url points to a directory
>inside $CATALINA_HOME/work, but Tomcat does not copy anything in that
>path from WEB-INF/classes (you wrote WEB-INF/lib).

Ahh, you're putting a jar file in WEB-INF/classes.  I missed that
originally.

Tomcat copies jars out of WEB-INF/lib into a work directory to prevent
locking and for performance gains.  But that's a server implementation
detail that shouldn't matter.  Putting jars in WEB-INF/classes, well,
I'm not going to spend time supporting this use-case, but maybe others
will.

Good luck,

Yoav Shapira http:/www.yoavshapira.com