tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Multipe Tomcat instances
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2004 14:05:30 GMT

Hi,
Both Tim's and QM's approaches are viable, and I use them as well under
certain circumstances.  But by default I just have completely separate
Tomcat installations.  The only things they might share are the
hardware, OS, and JDK, depending on the requirements.  So while the
CATALINA_BASE splitting is possible, I don't actually do it in practice.

The motivation for me is complete separation, so that if one application
requires a Tomcat upgrade it can be done separately from others.  But
then again I'm somewhat of a fanatic when it comes to webapp
self-containment.  (Although it's served me well).

Yoav Shapira http://www.yoavshapira.com