tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Delivering JSPs without source
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2004 13:59:33 GMT

Hi,

>When Tomcat receives a request for .jsp page, isn't the first order of
>business to compare the date of the .jsp page against the .java file in
>the working directory, so Tomcat knows whether to re-translate and
>compile the .jsp page?

For normal JSP pages, but not for pre-compiled ones.  Those are defined
in web.xml and don't go through the JSP servlet: they are normal
servlets, not subject to Jasper manipulation.  So what this user is
trying to do (precompile to avoid giving customers JSP source code) is
technically possible and has valid use-cases.  I've helped customers do
the same thing.

Yoav Shapira http://www.yoavshapira.com