tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dale, Matt" <Matt.D...@beCogent.com>
Subject RE: OT (Slightly): Large 64 bit JVMs
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2004 20:47:01 GMT

I already know that the application will use that much space. We are using the Agressive Heap
setting with an -Xmx switch so it will automatically use all the space that I'm allowing it.
I should perhaps post some of the error's i'm receiving which vary depending on what size
I set. I'll do this when I'm in the office tomorrow.

There may be other kernel parameters that i've not considered or maybe it just doesnt work.
Thanks for the input.

Ta
Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: Shapira, Yoav [mailto:Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com]
Sent: 06 December 2004 18:04
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: OT (Slightly): Large 64 bit JVMs

Hi,

I have a little bit of experience in this area, not much.

The JVM will grow as much as it needs subject to your -Xms/-Xmx and
other settings, as I'm sure you know already.  So could it be it's not
growing past 3300MB because it doesn't need to?  Stress it out with a
bigger load, or maybe try -Xms4G just for testing, to see what happens
;)

Yoav Shapira http://www.yoavshapira.com