tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Phillips, Caleb" <Caleb.Phill...@vflic.com>
Subject Form based login fails after context reload
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2004 17:06:47 GMT
I have configured form based login for a resource collection in my web app
and it works fine.  I do not directly reference the login form page.  Tomcat
handles the redirection for me as it should.  But I am encountering a
problem.  When this sequence of events occurs:

- Request a protected resource
- User is presented with the login form, but doesn't log in yet
- Context is reloaded (or container is restarted)
- User logs in user the same form that was presented (without refreshing)

The request fails with
"HTTP Status 400 - Invalid direct reference to form login page"

If I make sure to refresh the login page after the context is reloaded,
everything works as expected. The code and config are the same in both
cases.

Any help is appreciated

E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail, including attachments, is
intended for the person(s) or company named and may contain confidential
and/or legally privileged information. Unauthorized disclosure, copying or
use of this information may be unlawful and is prohibited. If you are not
the intended recipient, please delete this message and notify the sender.