tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Siarhei Dudzin <siarhei.dud...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: windows-1251 (Russian encoding)
Date Fri, 24 Dec 2004 14:46:57 GMT
Maxim,

Try to check with your DB server whether it supports characterEncoding
parameter (or similar). Then in the URL that yo uuse to connect to DB
server you can use the following (example is for MySQL server):
useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=Cp1251

the whole line would look like this:
Connect = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:mysql://hostname/dbname?user=username&password=passwordstring&useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=Cp1251");