tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Asim Alp <asim...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OutOfMemory Errors
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2004 18:31:50 GMT
Hello Peter,

Sorry.  My system config is:

Windows Server 2003
Apache 2.0.49 (Win32) mod_ssl/2.0.51 OpenSSL/0.9.7d DAV/2 mod_jk/1.2.6
Tomcat 5.5.4
sun jdk 1.5.0-b64

We have a 2 node tomcat cluster each running with the -Xms128m
-Xmx1024m options.

We have a heavily loaded JDBC application running and our MySQL server
has enough max_connections to handle our load.  For now, we have
Apache, one of the Tomcats and MySQL running on the same machine (2 x
3.8 Ghz Intel with 2GB of Ram).  We're also using this server as a
file server with RAID 5.

>From Task Managers performance monitor, I'm looking at the Handles (I
hope I'm looking at the correct thing).  Total number of handles is
around 30400 (almost two times 16K).  Apache is usually using about
3000, Tomcat 5000, MySQL 9000, System 2600, svchost 1000.

Do these values look normal?

Asim