tomcat-users mailing list archives

From B Wiley <i...@wileynet.com>
Subject Re: setting up tomcat/JBOSS with apache
Date Thu, 16 Dec 2004 19:24:18 GMT
Hello Wendy, tomcat sits inside jboss and handles the jsps and servlets. I
guess this could just be a tomcat/apache question.

The reason I'm asking is because I know for a fact when you use RESIN
(another j2ee container) . You can have your jsps and servlets sitting
ANYWHERE on the server, like in the same place your static content is and
setup apache to send those requests to resin and setup resin to listen for
them ANYWHERE.

But when I use JBOSS with tomcat I have to have my jsp's and servlets
sitting in the webapps folder specifically and map to them there.

Okay let me rephrase everything. I have a file in my
/var/www/htdocs/index.jsp and I want tomcat to see it there directly not in
webapps under tomcat. I don't want the index.jsp in webapps/root/index.jsp
then map it to apache2 with mod_jk - I don't think it can be done by just
adding a handler to httpd.conf...

Thanks for giving this some thought, I'm probably in the wrong mailing list
and not making any sense
thanks