tomcat-users mailing list archives

From B Wiley <i...@wileynet.com>
Subject setting up tomcat/JBOSS with apache
Date Thu, 16 Dec 2004 06:58:07 GMT

Hello, I'm confused on something basic. I understand how to set up mod_jk2
and configure an app something like http://localhost/myApp/test.jsp such
that the app myApp is sitting in the java container but can I have myApp
sitting on apache i.e. /var/www/htdocs/myApp and configure a handler in
httpd.conf that just forwards .jsp,servlets to the java container? All I
see online and in every example is how mod_Jk helps you knock out the :8080
but the apps have to be sitting in webapps.

The reason I'm asking is I was hosting a site on a resin server and that
server seems to have the setup I was describing, you can keep your apps on
apache and just configure the http.conf.

Thanks for anything, correct me please if I'm confused , i sure am confused