tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Brad Neuberg <b...@columbia.edu>
Subject Re: Does Tomcat 5.5 support jikes?
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2004 00:12:17 GMT
I remember I tried to get Tomcat to use Jikes and I followed the
instructions (i.e. setting the correct parameters in conf/web.xml, there is
a jikes parameter), but I had the sneaking suspicion it was ignored. :(

At 01:58 PM 12/2/2004, you wrote:
>This isn't fun:
>

>><!--
>>-->
>>   <!-- If you wish to use Jikes to compile JSP
>> pages:                       -->
>>   <!--   Set the init parameter "compiler" to "jikes".
>>Define              -->
>>   <!--   the property "-Dbuild.compiler.emacs=true" when starting
>> Tomcat    -->
>>   <!--   by adding the above to your CATALINA_OPTS environment
>> variable.    -->
>>   <!--   If you get an error reporting that jikes can't use UTF8
>> encoding,  -->
>>   <!--   try setting the init parameter "javaEncoding" to
>> "ISO-8859-1".     -->
>

>But I follow these instructions (as I did with Tomcat 5.0) and Tomcat 5.5
>STILL uses jdtool!
>
>Any thoughts?
>
>--
>
>Use Rojo (RSS/Atom aggregator).  Visit http://rojo.com. Ask me for an
>invite!  Also see irc.freenode.net #rojo if you want to chat.
>
>Rojo is Hiring! - http://www.rojonetworks.com/JobsAtRojo.html
>
>If you're interested in RSS, Weblogs, Social Networking, etc... then you
>should work for Rojo!  If you recommend someone and we hire them you'll
>get a free iPod!
>
>Kevin A. Burton, Location - San Francisco, CA
>       AIM/YIM - sfburtonator,  Web - http://peerfear.org/
>GPG fingerprint: 5FB2 F3E2 760E 70A8 6174 D393 E84D 8D04 99F1 4412

Brad Neuberg, bkn3@columbia.edu
Senior Software Engineer, Rojo Networks
Weblog: http://www.codinginparadise.org

Check out Rojo, an RSS and Atom news aggregator that I work on.  Visit
http://rojo.com for more info. Feel free to ask me for an invite!

Rojo is Hiring!  If you're interested in RSS, Weblogs, Social Networking,
Java, Open Source, etc... then come work with us at Rojo.  If you recommend
someone and we hire them you'll get a free iPod!  See
http://www.rojonetworks.com/JobsAtRojo.html.