tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Allistair Crossley" <Allistair.Cross...@QAS.com>
Subject RE: How to run servlet for every 30 minutes in Tomcat 4.1.30
Date Tue, 21 Dec 2004 16:28:49 GMT
no, and I believe doing so it bad practice. use some OS controlled timer like cron to issue
a HTTP call to your servlet. I once wrote a shell script that calls a http address on the
local machine but cannot remember how ;) if you are using oracle then you can setup this timer
thread inside the database itself. don't add a thread into your web application.

QAS Ltd.
Developers of QuickAddress Software
Registered in England: No 2582055
Registered in Australia: No 082 851 474