tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Allistair Crossley" <Allistair.Cross...@QAS.com>
Subject RE: Performance with/without loadbalancing
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2004 14:28:52 GMT
One reason may be because in a load test you are creating *lots* of request threads in Tomcat.
If you only have 1 Tomcat, you need to pay respect to the counters you have set on your Connector
(maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25" maxSpareThreads="75"). If your load test exhausts these
and all spares and the queue, you'll get connection denied. If you have 3 Tomcats and enough
processing power on your server you are effectively multiplying up these request processors.

That's one theory anyway. Anyone?

QAS Ltd.
Developers of QuickAddress Software
Registered in England: No 2582055