tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Allistair Crossley" <Allistair.Cross...@QAS.com>
Subject RE: Can i make Tomcat read my own Deployment Descriptor??
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2004 12:36:16 GMT
you might start by telling us what "specific" things you want to have tomcat do for you. yes
you can read whatever files you like be it xml, text, properties or whatever but you will
have to be a little more "specific" about the "specific" things you want tomcat to do.

as far as struts is concerned your web application requires a servlet mapping to a class that
extends ActionServlet (this is a struts class). when this class is called it will trigger
the appropriate events to initialise the struts subsystem from struts-config.

it does not sound to me like you have looked at struts enough to understand what is happening.
you should install tomcat and then the struts-examples web application. and maybe get a book
on it.

Allistair.

QAS Ltd.
Developers of QuickAddress Software