tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Allistair Crossley" <Allistair.Cross...@QAS.com>
Subject RE: common image practice?
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2004 12:24:59 GMT
> On Thu, Dec 02, 2004 at 12:51:21AM -0700, D. Stimits wrote:
> : I'm looking for a "good" or "best" practice to deal with
> site-wide logo

> : type files...things that will never change, and that every
> You could address your problem at build time instead of runtime: have
> Ant (or whatever) pull the common data into the webapp before it
> packages the WAR file.  If you mix this with your version control
> system, different apps could have different versions of these files as
> their needs diverge.

i'd second that. in your source control repository you can happily have a branch for common
files. but when it comes to building the web apps, each build would suck in that common branch.
if you need to update those common files, do it to the source control verson and rebuild the
webapps.

QAS Ltd.
Developers of QuickAddress Software
Registered in England: No 2582055