tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Simone Pierazzini <>
Subject weird tomcat5.0.30 behaviour with jar in WEB-INF/classes
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2004 14:37:02 GMT
I use URLClassLoader to create class loaders that manage jars in WEB-INF/classes
In WEB-INF/classes I have many jars that are incompatible each other
(they have different classes with the same name inside).

Suppose I want to load the following files as resources from a classLoader:
- pippo.txt
- pippo.jar

In the first case I tried the line:

and correctly the returned URL was:
 file:/ ... /myapp/WEB-INF/classes/pippo.txt

where "..." stands for $CATALINA_HOME
while, trying to get the second file:

tomcat returned the following url:
 file:/ ... /work/Catalina/localhost/myapp/loader/pippo.jar

but the directory "... /work/Catalina/localhost/myapp/loader/" does
not contain pippo.jar
that is placed in  .../myapp/WEB-INF/classes/pippo.jar

thanks in advance
Simone Pierazzini

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: