tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Pawson, David" <David.Paw...@rnib.org.uk>
Subject RE: ssl configuration. 5.0.28
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2004 14:07:46 GMT

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Allistair Crossley

    There is no concept of "definitive", only "valid".

In which case the example in
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/ssl-howto.html
would seem to be wrong.
 Although it names a tomcat class,
there is no such attribute defined.

<-- Define a SSL Coyote HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 8443 -->
<!--
<Connector className="org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteConnector"
           enableLookups="true" disableUploadTimeout="true"
           acceptCount="100" debug="0" scheme="https" secure="true";
           clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS"/>
-->

I'm still getting a 404 (ie),
connection refused (firefox)
when accessing with
http://localhost:8443:/

  There appears to be no further setup that I can find?

Is it only conf/server.xml please?

regards DaveP

    Look at the connector reference for 5.0 and make your mind
    up about what suits your needs. The SSL specific attributes
    are also on this page.

    http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/config/http.html

--
DISCLAIMER: