tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Eric Rotick <pc.gree...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat/JVM crashes on Linux
Date Mon, 20 Dec 2004 22:41:00 GMT
The application receives data packets from acoustic sensors. While the
total load is not huge, because of the way the data is collected there
are periods of no activity and then periods when all hell breaks
loose. This happens every 15 minutes and we size the memory based on
the use of swap over a 24 hour period. Tomcat is by far this biggest
process and it can grow quite large due to internal queuing waiting
for other services to become available.

On average there are 2,500 hits every 15 minutes spread across 2
machines in a cluster.