tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <>
Subject Re: questions on WebDAV implementation
Date Tue, 28 Dec 2004 22:39:46 GMT
Garret Wilson wrote:
> * I note that WebDAVServlet keeps a static SimpleDateFormat around for
> quickly formatting the creation date/time. The Java API docs for
> DateFormat indicate that date formats are not synchronized. Does this
> raise the potential for corrupted date printing, should multiple threads
> try to simultaneously serve WebDAV requests?

> * The WebDAV servlet gets the creation date and last modified date from
> the directory object. But Java has no way of actually retrieving a
> file's creation date. Do these two values ultimately end up being the same?

Probably, I haven't looked at the code.

> If this is helpful, I'll report any other issues I find. Your responses
> will be appreciated and helpful to my effort.

Yes it is helpful. The best way forward is to create a bugzilla item for
this and list the issues you find in that. Even better, would be if you
had patches for some (or all) of these ;)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message