tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dwayne Ghant <dgh...@temple.edu>
Subject Re: How to run servlet for every 30 minutes in Tomcat 4.1.30
Date Wed, 22 Dec 2004 04:24:25 GMT
The alarm is configured as any other servlet, with the addition of the
run-at tag. The following configuration runs the servlet every 15
minutes. If the hour is missing, e.g. :15 the service is run at the
specified minute.
15 minute configuration

<servlet name='alarm' servlet-class='test.TestAlarm'>
<run-at>:00, :15, :30, :45</run-at>
 </servlet>

Allistair Crossley wrote:

>+1. you aren't being clear .... the only reason I can think you have an application wishing
to talk to a servlet is that you are then going on to request info from the servlet from a
remote machine across the net?? .. in that case and most others you should have your application
polling the servlet itself in a thread. you'll need to explain your scenario if this is inaccurate,
i.e if the Java App is in fact also a web app.

>JAVA APPLICATION || TOMCAT + SERVLET || INTERNET || REMOTE MACHINE
>
>     ----- POLL 30s ----->
>     <------ RESPONSE ----

Dwayne A. Ghant
Application Developer