tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Wade Chandler <wchand...@redesetgrow.com>
Subject Re: Why is tomcat (java) so memory intensive?
Date Tue, 21 Dec 2004 20:28:18 GMT
Dakota Jack wrote:
> Why, then, does the Tomcat 5.0 say in the RELEASE-NOTES "JAVAC leaking
> memory" is an issue?
>

> On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 16:06:13 -0000, Allistair Crossley
> <Allistair.Crossley@qas.com> wrote:
>
>>i think (from memory) it had to do with registering requests with jk. anyway, like
i say, upgrade and you'll see that leak go away i am pretty sure.

That's during compilation.  I always setup tomcat to fork when compiling
jsp.  That means it runs a seperate process to compile pages.  I do this
in both production and testing.  I just like the feeling it gives me :-P
...  well it's just better to not worry about it for me.  The bug is
supposed to be gone in 1.4.2, but I still fork.

Wade