tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jorge Sopena <jsop...@sidsa.es>
Subject Re: How to run servlet for every 30 minutes in Tomcat 4.1.30
Date Tue, 21 Dec 2004 17:58:23 GMT
Why is bad using own threads inside web application?
Aren't all the servlet request actually a thread in Tomcat?
I can't find a reason why it's so bad solution.
In that way, you manage to have a single and independent application.

Maybe I don't know some thread behaviour in Tomcat...

Jorge.

Allistair Crossley wrote:

>myself and ben have suggested the most appropriate methods for doing this. Ben mentions
WGET http://www.gnu.org/software/wget/wget.html which can be added to a *basic* script hooked
up to a cron with an interval of whatever you like.

>you really ought to get rid of threads and thread sleeps inside web application code.
>
>Allistair.

Jorge Sopena Torres
SIDSA
(Semiconductores Investigación y Diseño, S.A.)

Parque Tecnológico de Madrid
c/ Torres Quevedo, nº 1
28760 TRES CANTOS (Madrid) (SPAIN)

Phone : +34 91 803 5052