tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Vombach <andreas.vomb...@psi.ch>
Subject Re: Tomcat 5.5 classloading blues
Date Mon, 20 Dec 2004 16:40:11 GMT
Hello, I'm new to the list and did not read this thread from the
beginning but also use tapestry (3.0) on tomcat.
I keep tapestry-3.0.jar and tapestry-contrib-3.0.jar in the lib dir of
the (to be deployed) war file, the rest goes to /shared/lib except
xercesImpl.jar and xml-apis.jar which go in /common/endorsed (very
special case)
The classloading problem I ran into was on the dbms side, jdbc drivers
should go into /common/lib if you want to use pooling because the dbcp
stuff resides here.
The class.forName() call is mostly the reason for these troubles because
it relies on the current classloader ...

Cheers Andreas