tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ram Sriram <sri...@rstech.net>
Subject Re: Display of Static Resources
Date Thu, 16 Dec 2004 07:17:18 GMT
Hi,
The problem for static resources went away. But now http is not able to
find the servlet class when I click on the button on the form. This used
to work before I changed the config in web.xml. So I am assuming this
problem is related to what I have done in web.xml.
Here is what is happening:

    * on http//localhost:8080, http invokes com.client.BizDispatcher.
    * The servlet constructs a login page and sends it to the browser.
    * Among other things, the login page has 2 "submit", one login and
      the other cancel.
    * The form tag is as follows:
          o <form method="POST" action="com.client.BizDispatcher">
    * I enter the user ID and password and click on the "Login" submit
      button.
    * I get a servlet error that says it is not able to find
      /com.client.BizDispatcher.

Have I done something wrong in the config?

    * Here are the entries in my web.xml under ROOT\WEB-INF:
      <>
      <!DOCTYPE web-app
      <web-app>
        <display-name>Welcome to Tomcat</display-name>
        <description>
           Welcome to Tomcat
        </description>

      <!-- JSPC servlet mappings start -->

          <servlet>
              <servlet-name>org.apache.jsp.index_jsp</servlet-name>
              <servlet-class>org.apache.jsp.index_jsp</servlet-class>
          </servlet>

          <servlet>
          <servlet-name>bizDispatcher</servlet-name>

      <servlet-class>bizDNA.bizClient.bizBrowserClient.BizDispatcher</servlet-class>
          </servlet>

          <servlet-mapping>
              <servlet-name>org.apache.jsp.index_jsp</servlet-name>
              <url-pattern>/index.jsp</url-pattern>
          </servlet-mapping>

          <servlet-mapping>
          <servlet-name>bizDispatcher</servlet-name>
          <url-pattern>/bizDispatcher</url-pattern>
          </servlet-mapping>

      <!-- JSPC servlet mappings end -->
          <welcome-file-list>
          <welcome-file>bizDispatcher</welcome-file>
              <welcome-file>index.html</welcome-file>
              <welcome-file>index.htm</welcome-file>
              <welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>
          </welcome-file-list>