tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Gardner <>
Subject Currency Problem with Tomcat on Windows
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2004 14:57:34 GMT
I wonder if anyone can help me.  We have a number of applications that
are installed at various clients, and are all running under Tomcat on

One of our clients has started to exhibit a strange problem when the
application displays currency.  It alters between USD ($) and GBP (£)
randomly, making the value displayed either in dollars or pounds at
different times.

Now, because Tomcat is running as a service, I have had to altered the
registry entry:

HKEY_USERS/.DEFAULT/Control Panel/International/sCurrency so that it is
set to £ rather than $ and this seemed to work for a while, but it seems
to still randomly display both $ and £ signs.

Does anyone have any ideas of how to cure this changing currency symbol?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message