tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "D. Stimits" <stim...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: set an environement variable under fedora core3
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2004 21:04:47 GMT
FRANCOIS Dufour wrote:
> hi to all
>
> im used to work on windows im actualy tring  to find were to set these
> variable under linux
> sombody could give mee  an hint  ?

Other answers already were given, this is an alternative that *might*
help if it is startup environment variables you are interested in. If
you add a file to TOMCAT_HOME/bin/ and call that file "setenv.sh" it
will run this file and set environment variables in it. I had to do this
on fedora core 2, I found adding to individual files plus other ones
already mentioned always left something broken. Add file
TOMCAT_HOME/bin/setenv.sh with these contents fixed everything for me:

#!/bin/sh

export JAVA_HOME="/opt/jdk1.5.0"
export CATALINA_HOME="/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.30"

You can use an editor to create this file, then "chmod u+x setenv.sh" to
make sure it is executable (linux can use filenames as hints but really
has no defined name for type of file, chmod makes it executable).