tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jim Lynch <...@sgi.com>
Subject Rewrite to alternate port hooked to mod_jk isn't working as expected.
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2004 20:09:30 GMT
I have two apache servers running on a single system.  The main one is
apache 2 the secondary one on port 81 is apache 1.3. Since I was
unsuccessfull at getting the combination Tomcat 4.1.30, Apache 2 and
mod_jk2 working together I brought up 1.3 and got it working with Tomcat
4.1.24 and mod_jk.  Now I'm trying to get a rewrite rule to connect
through the main Apache server to port 81 of the other one.  Here is the
rewrite rule.

NameVirtualHost xx.xx.xx.xx
<VirtualHost xx.xx.xx.xx>
RewriteEngine on
RewriteLog /var/log/httpd/httpd_rewrite.log
RewriteLogLevel 6
RewriteRule   ^/resources/(.*)
http://headcount.sgi.com:81/resources/$1  [P,L]
RewriteRule   ^/(.*)  http://headcount.sgi.com:81/$1  [P]

</VirtualHost>

When I go to http://xyz.sgi.com (which is the same machine as
headcount.sgi.com, but a different IP address) I get he intro page for
Apache 1.3 so I know the second rule is working.  But when I go to
http://xyz,sgi.com/resources/input I get what looks like what might be
the right output, but it's got this header on it.