tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jonathan Wilson" <jnwil...@dallas.photronics.com>
Subject Re: WAR files and Eclipse
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2004 00:34:09 GMT
I tried eclipse, but man was it hard to get configured properly. I
wanted to use Eclipse/MyEclipse since I do Perl/C/C++ work as well and
thought one tool that binds them all, yada yada yada.

I then tried NetBeans and it worked for my environment 'out-of-the-box'.
It took zero configuration for me. I just pointed it at my existing
source tree and it built its environment and ant scripts accordingly. I
really like all of it's editors/interfaces better as well. I would
rather use 2 tools (NetBeans for java stuff, and eclipse(or my older
editor) for everything else) than jump through Eclipses' hoops for
java/J2EE stuff.

Your mileage may vary.
--JW