tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Cumbers <r...@kent.ac.uk>
Subject war not deploying
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2004 15:37:31 GMT
Hey guys

I am trying to use ant with cactus to deploy my app to Tomcat and then
test. I can run the ant tasks on the examples, i tested the servlet
example that comes with the cactus download and it creates its own
Tomcat instance, puts the cactified war file under the webapps dir and,
most importantly, it unpacks the war file. cactus then runs the tests.

Currently with my app a temporary instance of Tomcat is created, the
cactified war file is placed under webapps, but the dam thing is not
unpacking the war file, and giving me errors like:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Document base
/tmp/cactus/tomcat5x/webapps/rms-dev does not exist or is not a readable
directory

Now I know this is not available because the war file is not unpacked.
Is there a school boy error I am making? Can anyone help?!

Now I know this could be a cactus problem, but it could be a tomcat
config problem. Please don't flame me!

Cheers

Rich