tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ram Sriram <sri...@rstech.net>
Subject Re: Display of Static Resources
Date Sat, 11 Dec 2004 03:10:04 GMT
Hi Jack,

Thanks for your response.

I understand how HTTP technology works. I have a working application
with a Form with form elements including a button. When I do not have a
gif in the HTML, the behaviour is what is expected of HTTP. In other
words, the displayed page waits for the user to enter data and click on
a button that does (in my case) a Post and gets back to the Servlet.

And when things work the way one would expect HTTP to work, I able to
pick the Session Info, HttpServletRequest Name/ Value pairs including
the button that was clicked on, and the attributes I put in the
HttpSession when the servlet sent out the response (to survive the
stateless session). All that is working just fine.

The problem I am having is two folds:

    * One the gif doesn't get displayed. I have the gif in a directory
      image within ROOT. The properties on where the image should be
      displayed gives the correct location. So there is no problem with
      the HTML getting the correct location for the gif.
    * The other problem I have is, when I include the image (a gif, and
      I am having the same problem with a bmp, jpg etc.) the page
      doesn't wait for the user to respond, but makes the round trip
      back to the servlet. So even before the user clicks on the button,
      it comes right back. This problem goes away when I remove the gif
      from the page

I hope I have stated the problem with a little more clarity this time
around.

Thanks...Ram