tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Wade Chandler <wchand...@redesetgrow.com>
Subject Re: Apache locks up
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2004 20:38:51 GMT
Dola Woolfe wrote:
> --- Wade Chandler <wchandler@redesetgrow.com> wrote:
>

>>Dola Woolfe wrote:
>>
>>>Everything is locked up, including the static
>>
>>resources!

>>>The all-new My Yahoo! - What will yours do?
>>>http://my.yahoo.com

>>>For additional commands, e-mail:
>>
>>tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
>>

>>Ok,
>>
>>I guess what I meant to ask is.  Do you use a
>>context for Tomcat, and is
>>everyting from that context served through tomcat,
>>or is the static
>>content served through Apache?  Can you access some
>>static image file
>>from some where other than the context path of your
>>webapplication?
>>Other than that you'll need to put up different
>>logs.  One the apache
>>log file, two tomcat, and three the connectors log
>>file.  Those might help.
>>
>>Wade
>>

> You know, I will follow an earlier advice and switch
> from 1.2.* and 3.3.* to 2.0.* and 5.5.*; Why be
> several years behind?
>
> Dola

I use 5.0.28 right now.  I'm waiting on 5.5.x to stabilize a bit more
myself.  It's just a precaution that I take.  I haven't had any issues
out of 5.0.28, and I actually use it for my web server and java server.
  I have gotten rid of httpd (Apache) all together.  I do use Apache2
sometimes as a forward proxy.  I can hide multiple machines behind one
domain that way.  I am happy with Tomcat as my web server.  Plus my
configuration is much simpler.

Wade