tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Vamsee Kanakala <vam_...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Inside eclipse...
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 12:33:33 GMT
Vamsee Kanakala wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>       I have a problem when I start tomcat from inside eclipse

I found out the problem. It's not about the plugin per se, it must be
the fact that eclipse starts tomcat or something... Anyways, I googled
for similar error messages, turns out that security.policy in
JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/security/security.policy has to be changed so (5432 is
postgres' port):

grant {
        permission java.security.AllPermission;
	permission java.net.SocketPermission "127.0.0.1:1024-", "listen";
        permission java.net.SocketPermission "127.0.0.1:5432", "accept, connect, listen, resolve";

};

Now tomcat works happily with postgres.

Thanks,
Vamsee.