tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Johnson <pe...@wizardslair.net>
Subject Re: simplest way to cache jsp pages into built "static" files?
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2004 23:06:01 GMT
Thought of that as well but wasn't sure how to accomodate "built" pages
i.e. with includes etc so I ended up with an output filter to store and
an input filter to serve. Now what if you don't want Tomcat to serve but
rather Apache. Well the output filter would simply need to write to disk
where Apache can serve. Ahhh but then how do future requests come
through to Tomcat to trigger the regeneration?  ... In the end I decided
that all requests from logged in users would be dynamic and any content
updates would perform the fs writing as part of the update process.

This is a tough one that could be solved by mod_cache at the Apache
level iff header exclusions could be specified.