tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "D. Stimits" <stim...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: FactoryConfigurationError: Couldn't find SAXParserImpl
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2004 19:24:52 GMT
Williams, Allen wrote:
> I get an error similar to this everytime I try to start Tomcat, and it won't
> start.  Does anyone have any idea why this is?  To the best of my knowledge, the
> jar file are correctly in the path and there is a SAXParserImpl in one of them.
> How does Tomcat try to find these?  Could it be some sort of versioning problem?

I had a heck of a time on linux setting up rc init scripts, due to
something similar to this. My discovery (and unlikely this works on
windows) was that in the bin/ directory the shell scripts search for
setenv.sh, which by default doesn't exist. By bin/setenv.sh for tomcat
5.0.30 it suddenly worked, whereas manually adding JAVA_HOME and
CATALINA_HOME to individual startup files always left something broken.
Here is what I added, see if an adjusted version of this works:

#!/bin/sh

export JAVA_HOME="/opt/jdk1.5.0"
export CATALINA_HOME="/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.30"