tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alain Gaeremynck <ga...@interstructure.ca>
Subject Re: Tomcat 5.0.28 -- HTTP server dies
Date Sat, 04 Dec 2004 00:18:38 GMT
Just thought of something further down that line of thinking..

If everythng works fine under windows then it might be a routing issue
on the Linux machine if it is not in the same subnet as your windows
machine....  If your code is trying to access something to whch it can't
connect

Jon Doe wrote:

>> From: Alain Gaeremynck <garem@interstructure.ca>
>> To: Tomcat Users List <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
>> Subject: Re: Tomcat 5.0.28 -- HTTP server dies
>> Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 18:10:39 -0500
>>
>> Assuming you have access to the source code of the problematic jar i
>> would suggest you put tracaes in the init method of the servlet and
>> or jsp to see where it freezes.  Also there might be a piece of code
>> in there that tries to access a remote ressource via tcp that takes a
>> while before timing out.  Maybe start the process wait for the time
>> out period then look at the logs.
>>
>> These are just what i would look for.  If you don't get anything in
>> the logs and the jvm does not exit then there has to be a thread
>> that's waiting for something
>>
>> Hope this helps
>>

> Brill. Doh! Not thought of doing that. :(
>
> OK, sounds like a good way forward. I do indeed have several
> background processes that kick off in the init() method. It all works
> wonderfully under NetBeans and W2K!
>
> Many thanks for you help. Much appreciated!
>
> Joe

Alain Gaeremynck
CTO Le Groupe Interstructure
(514) 374-1110