tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "D. Stimits" <stim...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: minor glitch struts-config.xml tomcat 5.0.30
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2004 04:21:15 GMT
>> The default server/webapps/admin/WEB-INF/struts-config.xml on tomcat
>> 5.0.30 uses DOCTYPE that is incorrect. The DOCTYPE should use:
>>   "http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/dtds/struts-config_1_2.dtd"
>>
>> The config_1_0.dtd results in catalina.out:
>> Dec 2, 2004 8:32:27 PM org.apache.commons.digester.Digester error
>> SEVERE: Parse Error at line 1063 column 63: Element type
>> "message-resources" must be declared.
>> org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Element type "message-resources" must
>> be declared.
>>         at
>> org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Unknown
>> Source)
>>
>> Using struts-config_1_2.dtd removes the catalina.out log message.
>

> I take it back, apparently this does not fix it. Somehow I removed this
> error and in putting it back to get the log message for the email
> report, it broke again...but changing the dtd back to 1_2.dtd again did
> not fix it this time.

I went back and double and triple checked the URL to the
struts-config_1_2.dtd is correct, and downloading the dtd, the
message-resources tag IS declared in the 1_2 dtd but not in the 1_0 dtd.
So I began to think maybe there was a temp file that still had the old
dtd listed, or there was a typo when I edited it again. I don't see it
though. Why am I getting the
"message-resources" must be declared

error in catalina.out if I am using the 1_2 dtd and the URL is right and
the network has full access to this file?