tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: Asynchronous statistics logger
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2004 14:01:38 GMT
I second using JMS. Having a JMS server "somewhere" and tomcat as a JMS
client. Then all the events are sent to the JMS server. Then the server can
decide to consume the messages on demand and log as needed.

-Tim

Allistair Crossley wrote:

> this strikes me as being something JMS would handle well, but Tomcat doesn't support
JMS by default. I have seen people installing openJMS on Tomcat though.

> as for the startup/shutdown, that's going to be a Context Listener you want to implement
and add to web.xml with <listener>.