tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "D. Stimits" <stim...@comcast.net>
Subject common image practice?
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2004 07:51:21 GMT
I'm looking for a "good" or "best" practice to deal with site-wide logo
type files...things that will never change, and that every app will want
access to. This is on linux, but enabling sym links just seems to be an
admin/backup complexity, and duplicating logos in every project also
seems wrong. I see the shared directory looks ideal, but apparently this
is only for classes or libraries. Perhaps a simple logo loader class in
the shared folder would be most convenient, but I have to wonder if
overhead of going through a class.