tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: Multipe Tomcat instances
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2004 12:21:48 GMT
If you run tomcat in a cluster where all the webapps are identical, we use
the exact same (copy) of server.xml for all the tomcat instances. So when one
server.xml is changed - we copy it to all of the tomcat installations.

Then we rely on variable substitution in server.xml for items which might
need to be specific such as ip addresses, port numbers, and worker names.

We never call startup.sh directly - we have wrapper scripts which set the
appropriate -D variables for us.

-Tim