tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Steady <Andrew.Ste...@cramer.com>
Subject No Cookies
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2004 16:10:00 GMT
Hi,

I require that an application never uses cookies, even if the user's browser
accepts cookies.

I have set cookies=false in the server.xml, however it is still attempting
to send cookies to the client. If the browser accepts the cookie, then the
session is maintained via cookies and if I do an encodeURL tomcat does not
add the session information to the URL.

Is it possible to do what I am describing or will tomcat always use cookies,
regardless of the cookies=false entry if the browser accepts a cookie?

Many thanks,

Andy