tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Lin <wool...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Performance with/without loadbalancing
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2004 14:40:20 GMT
perhaps black magic?

what I would do is to try a few things.

1. increase the ramp up time and see if that affects it. It could be
the load balancer is helping tomcat handle the load

2. build the latest JMeter and use the distribution graph I wrote to
look at the requests. the new graph will show the 50% and 90% line. If
there's any pattern in the response times, you'll see it. What you
should see is clumping of the data.

3. increase the number of threads to match exactly the number of
threads you have in JMeter.

I hope that helps

peter