tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Amit Gupta" <amit.gu...@computerware.co.in>
Subject RE: How to configure struts enable application to reload
Date Mon, 27 Dec 2004 05:01:41 GMT
My Concern is that whenever I deploy finished application to give demo to clinet, I need to
realod application at hosting server. As said I cannot do it due to lack of access to tomcat
manager.

Aamit Gupta

-----Original Message-----
From: QM [mailto:qm300@brandxdev.net]
Sent: Monday, December 27, 2004 10:09 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: How to configure struts enable application to reload

On Mon, Dec 27, 2004 at 09:53:17AM +0530, Amit Gupta wrote:
: I am giving demo of my Struts based application on a hosting server. I don't
: have access to tomcat manager application to reload my demo. Can I do
: something on my part to automatically reload my application whenever I update
: any class in application?

If this isn't a FAQ, it's at least in the docs.  Check out the
"reloadable" attribute of the <Context/> tag.

Then again, given your situation (using a hosting provider) this may not
be possible.

You could also setup a small Tomcat environment on your local
workstation to do development, then upload the finished product to the
hosting provider.

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net